Programme Aims & Objectives
Aim 1: To provide certified and non-certified programmes to our students
- To deliver the Leaving Certificate, Junior Certificate and QQI at level 3 & 4 based on the needs of the students annually.
- To deliver non-certified programmes to meet the needs of our students on an ongoing basis.
Aim 2: To encourage the personal and social development of our students
- To deliver the Social, Personal and Health Education (SPHE) programme on an annual basis.
- To provide the opportunity for students to attend counselling as the need arises.
- To provide nutritious meals for the students each day to support their learning.
- To encourage and promote healthy interpersonal relationships on a daily basis through adhering to the code of behaviour.
- To provide opportunities for students to engage in extra-curricular activities on a weekly basis.
- To promote health and wellness through the provision of programmes on an ongoing basis.
Aim 3: To adopt a teamwork approach to support our staff
- To continuously provide opportunities for staff to contribute to the development of the centre through participation in staff meetings, CPD, planning and evaluation and team building sessions.
- To provide the opportunity for internal and external staff support for all staff.
- To provide an appropriate and effective means of daily communication between all staff.
Aim 4: To integrate Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) throughout all aspects of the programme
- To assess and reassess the LLN levels of our students at entry stage and at the end of the academic year.
- To continually integrate LLN into our programme plans.
- To provide 1:1 and small group learning support for our students throughout the year.
- To continuously create a print rich environment in the centre.
Aim 5: To foster a respectful, safe and caring environment in the centre
- To provide a building that is safe, warm, welcoming and suitable, which meets the needs of our students and staff.
- To constantly promote mutual respect between everyone in the centre through the implementation of the centre’s policies and procedures.
- To adhere to National and WWETB health and safety legislation and regulations on a daily basis.
- To continually cater for each student’s individual needs and to provide a platform for each student to have a voice in the centre.
- To daily adhere to the Children First Child Protection guidelines.
Aim 6: To encourage the interaction of stakeholders with our centre
- To encourage parents/guardians/significant adult to engage in their son’s /daughter’s involvement in our centre.
- To continuously establish and maintain strong links with relevant agencies/organisations to promote the development of our students.
- To work with WWETB, DES, QF and QQI to provide a quality service annually.
Aim 7: To promote the progression of our students to employment, Further Education and or training
- To provide career guidance counselling as part of the programme every term.
- To deliver a work experience programme annually.
- To facilitate our students to access and secure suitable work experience placements each year.
- To continuously make our students aware of progression options that are available to them.
We aim to provide training and education opportunities to meet the needs of our learners.
- To provide FETAC certified courses at Level 3.
- To provide Leaving Certificate Applied.
- To provide Junior Certificate.
- To provide Driver Theory and Basic First Aid on an annual basis for learners.
- To provide uncertified courses for our learners.
Personal Development/Soft Skills
We aim to increase the self-esteem and confidence of our learners.
- To adopt a holistic approach on an ongoing basis to enable learners to reach their full potential
- To provide SPHE (Social Personal Health Education) for learners on an annual basis.
We aim to integrate literacy into all aspects of the programme.
- To assess the literacy and numeracy levels of learners on admission.
- To offer 1:1 literacy support for learners.
- To offer 1:1 numeracy support for learners.
Health & Safety
We aim to promote a healthy and safe working environment.
- To adhere to Health & Safety regulations as outlined by legislation.
- To continue to update our Health & Safety policy.
We aim to establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with outside agencies and relevant bodies.
- To maximise the opportunities to promote the work of the centre locally and nationally.
- To access outside agencies and work in co-operation with them for the benefit of our centre