Programme Aims & Objectives
Aim 1: To provide certified and non-certified programmes to our students
- To deliver the Leaving Certificate, Junior Certificate and QQI at level 3 & 4 based on the needs of the students annually.
- To deliver non-certified programmes to meet the needs of our students on an ongoing basis.
Aim 2: To encourage the personal and social development of our students
- To deliver the Social, Personal and Health Education (SPHE) programme on an annual basis.
- To provide the opportunity for students to attend counselling as the need arises.
- To provide nutritious meals for the students each day to support their learning.
- To encourage and promote healthy interpersonal relationships on a daily basis through adhering to the code of behaviour.
- To provide opportunities for students to engage in extra-curricular activities on a weekly basis.
- To promote health and wellness through the provision of programmes on an ongoing basis.
Aim 3: To adopt a teamwork approach to support our staff
- To continuously provide opportunities for staff to contribute to the development of the centre through participation in staff meetings, CPD, planning and evaluation and team building sessions.
- To provide the opportunity for internal and external staff support for all staff.
- To provide an appropriate and effective means of daily communication between all staff.
Aim 4: To integrate Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) throughout all aspects of the programme
- To assess and reassess the LLN levels of our students at entry stage and at the end of the academic year.
- To continually integrate LLN into our programme plans.
- To provide 1:1 and small group learning support for our students throughout the year.
- To continuously create a print rich environment in the centre.
Aim 5: To foster a respectful, safe and caring environment in the centre
- To provide a building that is safe, warm, welcoming and suitable, which meets the needs of our students and staff.
- To constantly promote mutual respect between everyone in the centre through the implementation of the centre’s policies and procedures.
- To adhere to National and WWETB health and safety legislation and regulations on a daily basis.
- To continually cater for each student’s individual needs and to provide a platform for each student to have a voice in the centre.
- To daily adhere to the Children First Child Protection guidelines.
Aim 6: To encourage the interaction of stakeholders with our centre
- To encourage parents/guardians/significant adult to engage in their son’s /daughter’s involvement in our centre.
- To continuously establish and maintain strong links with relevant agencies/organisations to promote the development of our students.
- To work with WWETB, DES, QF and QQI to provide a quality service annually.
Aim 7: To promote the progression of our students to employment, Further Education and or training
- To provide career guidance counselling as part of the programme every term.
- To deliver a work experience programme annually.
- To facilitate our students to access and secure suitable work experience placements each year.
- To continuously make our students aware of progression options that are available to them.
We aim to provide training and education opportunities to meet the needs of our learners.
- To provide FETAC certified courses at Level 3.
- To provide Leaving Certificate Applied.
- To provide Junior Certificate.
- To provide Driver Theory and Basic First Aid on an annual basis for learners.
- To provide uncertified courses for our learners.
Personal Development/Soft Skills
We aim to increase the self-esteem and confidence of our learners.
- To adopt a holistic approach on an ongoing basis to enable learners to reach their full potential
- To provide SPHE (Social Personal Health Education) for learners on an annual basis.
We aim to integrate literacy into all aspects of the programme.
- To assess the literacy and numeracy levels of learners on admission.
- To offer 1:1 literacy support for learners.
- To offer 1:1 numeracy support for learners.
We aim to safeguard all learners, especially those under 18 years of age and promote their well-being.
- The Centre has formally adopted and implemented Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017.
View / Download – PDF – Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017
The Centre has written a Child Safeguarding Statement. This will be updated and available to view here shortly. It is also available to view on the noticeboard in the Centre by the main entrance of the building.
Health & Safety
We aim to promote a healthy and safe working environment.
- To adhere to Health & Safety regulations as outlined by legislation.
- To continue to update our Health & Safety policy.
We aim to establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with outside agencies and relevant bodies.
- To maximise the opportunities to promote the work of the centre locally and nationally.
- To access outside agencies and work in co-operation with them for the benefit of our centre